At the church where I’m an Associate Pastor I’m leading a team of staff members who are seeking to answer the question, “How can we as church leaders help encourage and equip parents in their role as the primary faith influencers of their children?”
It’s not an easy question to answer, but we’re committed to realigning our thinking for the sake of faithfulness to God and victory in our generation. Our mission, by the grace of God, is to connect generations to make disciples of Jesus Christ. We want to promote healthy family life, equip parents to disciple their children, adopt those without a spiritual support system and connect generations within our church.
In this entry, I’d like to share our Values. I’d love to hear back from you! Please write some comments about what you read below.
Values for Generational Discipleship
- God has created the family to bring him glory
– God’s word gives guidance for healthy family life
– All families experience brokenness and sin, but are redeemed by Jesus as they look to him in faith.
– We give each other grace as we all strive to follow God
- God calls parents to disciple their children
– Healthy families put God first in their lives
– Healthy families make space for discipleship
– Effective leadership in the home begins with personal growth in God
- The church and family are partners in spiritual formation
– The church should train, involve and equip parents throughout its programming
– The church is responsible minister to those who lack a strong spiritual support system
– Healthy families in turn strengthen churches
- The whole church is involved in Generational Discipleship
– Varied generations need one another and together engage in discipleship
– Church Leadership practices and proclaims generational discipleship
One response to “Generational Discipleship”
Wow, these thoughts seem to exceed those produced by your normal brainwaves…you must have had some kind of super-genius working with you!
JK- Love them.